Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What to do next?

As graduation looms ahead of me (tomorrow) I am pondering my next move.  I feel like I am part of some cosmic chess game.  My next move could have ramifications years from now.  I know that I really want to go to school to be a Physician's Assistant.  But I just don't see how the Husband will ever be okay with us moving so that I can go to school.  I don't think he understands my need to continue to better myself.  And the more I learn about medicine and how to care for people, the more I feel called to help people.  Granted, I wish I had been this driven 10 years ago, but God had another plan for that part of my life.  And His plan for this part of my life is to continue in my schooling and be a tool that He can use for healing.

I met with an admissions counselor at NTC today and discussed the options that are available to me.  I am sadly and very reluctantly putting my dreams of being a Physician's Assistant away.  :-(  I had the counselor put me on the waiting list for the nursing program.  It is about a 2 year wait, which I hate, but it will give me some time to find a job as an MA and hopefully save up some money to pay for the next set of classes without having to ask for help from my dad.

I'm also looking at taking the EMT Basic class.  That way I could work alongside the paramedics and really get some hands-on experience.  I don't relish the idea of being jolted from a sound slumber to race off to a call, but I really feel like I am called to help people and this is one way that I can do it.

While I'm waiting for the nursing program to open up, I have to complete a CNA course.  It shouldn't be that difficult, considering all the work that I did getting my MA degree.  The problem is going to be finding the time to complete the course.  They offer it in Medford, but it is during the day; which won't work if I (ever) have a job.  I could take it in Wausau, but that makes no sense unless I'm working over there.  I'll have to look into what they offer in Marshfield.

I really wish there was some way to clone myself so that I could do all the things I want to do and no one would feel neglected.  I don't want to miss the time away from my family, but I have never felt God's calling in my life until now and I would hate to miss out on what He has planned for me. 

ARGH!!!  What a dilemma! 

No comments:

Post a Comment