Thursday, May 27, 2010

You're getting warmer...

It seems that everyday, when I look at the race weather for Sunday, the temps keep climbing up. 
71 degrees
76 degrees
82 degrees
85 degrees

It appears that it is going to be a warm one, folks.  I will be guzzling lots of water and I'm lucky enough to have a couple spectators who will be showing up at strategic points on the course to supply me with extra water.  After my 20K at the beginning of the month, I have learned not to depend on the water stops for sufficient hydration needs.

On the race website, they list all the water stops and what will be available: water, gatorade, GU, or bananas.  I am going to try my best to plan my race and my fuel and hydration needs appropriately.  But I know that things could always change.  I'm Type A, I need a plan.  I feel like I'm floundering without one.

I really hope that the temps don't get too warm.  Even though the race starts at 7:15, I know that it will warm up pretty quickly, especially with all those people running.  I've got my list started of all the things I need to bring with me.  My Garmin is charged and I've been working on my ipod playlist.  Now I just need Sunday to get here!!

But, first, I have to pass my NREMT practical exam on Saturday.  That is another issue entirely.

Hope you are all having a great Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment