Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another Race!

Yesterday was the Hewitt Fire Department's 10th Annual Pumpkin Run 5K race. For being the beginning of November, the weather couldn't have been better. It was actually warmer than the Cheese Days race I ran in July.

I ran with my cousin Jason, who had a great time, even though he had been a little under the weather. And, my friend Krissy, from high school ran as well. I had high hopes of keeping up with her, but realized about a half mile in, that I was really not in top form. I think I'm okay with that. I knew that I wasn't going to be setting any PRs in that race. I haven't been training as much as I should. I'm not logging the miles that I used to. Part of it is that it is cold outside and it gets dark really early. Part of it is that I am busy with my internship and I am not getting home until later in the evening; by then I am exhausted.

But, overall, I think it was a decent race. My favorite part, by far, was approaching the finish line and seeing the Son cheering me on. He decided to run the last 200 or so meters with me. It really got me going and I was able to push through to the end. Even though my dear boy couldn't keep up. He is better than any PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment