Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Family Practice

I think I managed to tell everyone I knew how much I loved being in OB/GYN for my externship.  It was fantastic and wonderful and interesting and all the other great things I can think of.  This week, I've been in Family Practice.  And....I'm bored.  They see about 16-20 patients a day and there is a lot of down time.  Maybe I'm just not cut out for Family Practice.  There is nothing wrong with that; everyone is different and has different strengths and weaknesses.  I just miss the energy level in OB.  There were more patients and you were pretty much running all day.  I miss that.

Next week, I will split my time between Family Practice and Physical Therapy.  I'm looking forward to the PT stuff.  I hope that I enjoy it.

In the meantime, I am going to try to enjoy my Thanksgiving weekend.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful husband and son.  I have a warm home to go to at the end of the day.  I have a relatively healthy body that is going to carry me 3.1 miles during Sunday's race.  I have family and friends who I care about dearly.  It has been a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment