Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Internship, day 1-2

So, the first day of my internship was at the Wausau campus of the Marshfield Clinic. I am glad that I got the Marshfield Clinic system, because those are the closest clinics to home, and I want to get my foot in the door. Yesterday was pretty typical orientation type stuff. I am surprised that they didn't go ahead and train us on the computers the first day. That would have been much more logical and would have really been helpful when I was starting to work with patients today.

I had my fist day of OB/GYN in Weston today. That clinic is gorgeous! But I'm not sure that my mentor is the best person for me to be working with. She works with the NPs in the clinic and they mostly do their own procedures. I was extremely jealous of Kristina who got to observe two colposcopies this morning. I don't think I even got to say hello to one of the physicians. Lisa, the NP who was there today doesn't seem all that thrilled about having a student around. Whereas the doctors both took the time to talk to Kristina about what they were doing.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

On another note, I love posting Operation Beautiful notes.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather, I saw your blog on the POTM spreadsheet and thought I would visit (I liked your url). Just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete