Thursday, June 3, 2010

National Running Day recap

I hope everyone had a fun and active National Running Day.  I logged my 3 miles on the treadmill.  I would call my workout another recovery run.  I took it really easy.  As I started getting warmed up, I could feel my legs itching to go a bit faster.  So, I let them.  But not too fast.  It was kind of like riding a horse and the horse wants to take off in a gallop, but you know that you need to hold it back so that it doesn't over do it.  My legs wanted to gallop last night, but I knew that they still had a bit of recovering to do from my half marathon.  So I just let them out a little bit.  Tonight I have a 4 miler scheduled and I might let them go a bit harder.  Of course, my fast pace is most people's recovery pace.  :-)  But I'm okay with that.

Thereally newsworthy item from National Running Day was the surprise that Tim had for me when I got home.  His C25K program had him running 2.75 miles yesterday.  Monday he was also supposed to do 2.75, but he ended up doing 2.9 miles and I think he surprised himself.  Last night (wait for it....) he ran a 5K!!!  I am so stinkin' proud of him that I can't help but get a huge goofy grin on my face every time I think of it.  And, he ran it at a pretty decent pace.  I remember my first treadmill 5K (less than a year ago) and my pace was agonizingly slow.  He wants to finish his Cheese Days 5K in under 30 minutes (my time last year was 30:06) and I think he is going to smoke it!

So, the point of this post is that Tim actually ran further than I did yesterday.  And I'm okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment