Wednesday, June 2, 2010

National Running Day

















Happy National Running Day!!  I love that this day exists.  I am going to be partaking of the celebration, but I'll have to wait until tonight.  I'm stuck at work today (not really 'stuck' but you get the idea), so I will be running my 3 miles after dinner. 

Yesterday, I did a very easy three mile run on the treadmill just to see how my legs felt after Sunday's half marathon.  I actually felt better than I expected, but there was no way I was going to be increasing my pace.  Slow and steady was all I could handle.  I'm pretty sure the same thing will apply today.  My quads are starting to feel a bit better, but I really see no reason to go all-out at this point.  I'm just going to keep rocking my 'recovery' runs today and tomorrow. 

I am still waiting to hear about a permanent job possibility.  I am hoping to know for sure sometime this week.  I am getting anxious.  I would love to have some stability regarding employment.  While I would eventually love to find a full-time position, part-time will allow me the opportunity to continue my marathon training...and really, that's what I'm most looking forward to right now.  ;-)

I hope you are all enjoying your Wednesday!  I am all confused on what day it is.  Monday was the holiday and I was off yesterday, so I feel like today is Monday.  Oh well, makes for a short week.  I'm one day closer to heading to Colorado for the Hungry for Hope Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment