Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pile on the miles

May was my highest mileage month so far.  I love that I keep track of my miles.  I started doing it last year when I first started running.  I can't believe that I have been a runner for not-quite-a-year, and I've already run in so many races.  When I stop to think about it, it's kinda crazy!  But I LOVE it!!

Because I also love statistics, here are some for you:
January: 62 miles run, 1 race (5K)
February: 85 miles run, 1 race (5K)
March: 101 miles run, 1 race (5mile)
April: 99 miles run, 2 races (6mile, 8K)
May: 106 miles run, 2 races (20K, half marathon)

This puts me well on my way to my 1000 mile goal for 2010.  June will be another high mileage month, as will every month leading up to September's marathon.  June will also see two more races.  The Bellin Run, which will be my very first 10K (!) and a small race in Auburndale to (hopefully) PR in a 5K.  But, I am most looking forward to Jaden's first race.  It will be my proudest blog post ever!

Tonight will bring an easy-ish 3-4 mile run.  My legs feel like they can handle a decent tempo run.  So, I"m just going to let them go and see what happens.  I was hoping to run outside, but it has been raining off and on with a chance for thunderstorms, so I will stick to the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment