Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Christmas was pretty lame in our house this year.  I am at work for the whole day.  And, since I am unemployed, and have been for a few months, we didn't have the money to get each other anything.  Of course, the Son still gets spoiled from the grandparents; and we are so happy for him.  We will need to stock up on batteries in the very near future.

It seems that we never get to really have a good Christmas.  Not that I need a ton of gifts, but I do like giving them to other people.  And, I love to see my dear Husband's face when he opens a gift that he has really been hoping to get.  This is our 5th Christmas as a married couple, and I still think that the ones we had when we were dating, were much better.  Sometimes being an adult with 'real' responsibilities just isn't much fun.  I hate having to choose bills over presents.

And we always say that we will never have another lame Christmas, but somehow the next one is just as disappointing as the last.  We are really so fortunate to have a Gift that is more important that any present that could be unwrapped under the tree.  Without Jesus, our lame Christmas celebration would be pretty depressing.  So, even though the weather kept us from getting to church last night, we are so blessed to be able to celebrate our Savior's birth this Christmas.  And whether or not we have a bunch of gifts to open next year, we will keep celebrating the best gift ever given.

No comments:

Post a Comment