Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blah

Sometimes I get really depressed for no apparent reason.  I seem to have been in a funk for the last day and a half or so.  I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I haven't been running, and I have been way overindulging in the holiday treats, and I basically hate my body right now.  But it is more than just that.  I can't put my finger on exactly what it is.  There are a number of things that I could blame it on....improper nutrition, lack of exercise, being unemployed, sun deprived, worried about our finances, and on and on and on.  But, I don't want to be a slave to my circumstances.  I want to be able to feel joy regardless of the situation.  After all, isn't that one of the perks of Christianity?  Aren't we supposed to rejoice in our suffering?  And I can't even say that I am really suffering.  I'm really not feeling much of anything and that is the problem.  I'm apathetic.  I don't want to be apathetic.  I think I would rather be sad.  I am going to work on fixing this.  Tomorrow I am going to run.  Three miles should help my demeanor.  It should help with my general outlook.  And if it doesn't, I'm going to do something else.  I can't get stuck in a funk....especially when there is a lot of winter ahead of me; and it has the power to be quite depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment