Thursday, September 10, 2009

NEDA, day one

The first evening of the NEDA conference has been amazing. I have met some wonderful people who do really great work to bring progress in the fight against eating disorders. I'm learning about some neat opportunities that I may want to be a part of. And....shocker....I saw my dietician from my days in treatment! It was great to see her. We caught up a bit and laughed and took a picture (that I will have to post later). I also enjoyed some Guinness cheese and a really great white zinfandel.

It is a little strange being here alone, but so many people have come up to me and introduced themselves; included the NEDA director. She was fantastic and took me around to introduce me to some other people. This is unlike any other event I have ever been to. The people are so inviting and embrace everyone as family. I am really looking forward to some of the breakout sessions the next couple days. I just have to remind myself not to spend too much money. There is so much great stuff....and books!! This is an event I'm sure I will never forget. I already know that I want to go to next year's conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment