Friday, September 11, 2009

NEDA, day two

This conference is beyond amazing!!!! I am learning so much from so many wonderful people and I'm so encouraged by what the entire ED community is doing. Not only do they band together for the benefit and support of those who are suffering, but they provide a resource for families and friends, and they kick some major butt when it comes to lobbying for mental health parity in the treatment of eating disorders.

I listened to a great speaker this morning talk about the research they have done with activity based anorexia in mice....yes, I'm a nerd. The research is fascinating, but the thing that endeared this woman to me (other than her infectious energy) was her belief (and commitment) to disseminating the research findings to the providers who are treating the disease.

And, I have made it my own personal mission to plaster the Minneapolis Hilton with operationbeautiful.com post-its. Pics to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment