Friday, August 28, 2009

Listening to my body

Today I wanted to run. I really wanted to run. I was looking forward to it all day. I had mapped a route in my mind. I had picked out the music I wanted to listen to. I was going to go for a nice, long (relatively) slow run. It was going to be fantastic!

Then, I realized how completely exhausted I was. I could hardly keep my eyes open at work; and when you are surrounded by 3, 4, and 5-year-olds, that is really saying something. I drove home in a bit of a fog and then made dinner. At some point, I made a comment about how my body must be trying to tell me something....like I should rest. But I wasn't happy about it. Not at all. I ate dinner (a REALLY good veggie lasagne) and looking outside longingly, desperately wanting to run. I even said that I really wanted to run, but the Husband reminded me that my body was trying to tell me something.

So, there it is. I'm not running; I'm blogging. Not quite the same. And, in my head, I am looking forward to my next run. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it in tomorrow, but I really hope so. Tomorrow is the first day af Saturday classes this semester. It is going to be a crazy-busy 10 weeks until my internship and I really hope that I can make it through. And, I hope that I can still have the energy to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment