Thursday, August 20, 2009

stuffed zucchini


I had stumbled across the idea for the dish on another blog. I did some searching on different food websites and concocted my own version. Zucchini is one of the few veggies the Husband will eat. Usually, I just slice it thin, marinate it in some soy sauce and Worschestshire sauce (however that is spelled) and garlic and onions. Then just fry it up in a little bit of olive oil. Good stuff, but I was looking for something else to do with the oodles of zucchini that suddenly appears this time each year.

I put the custard dish in the middle to keep them from tipping over while they were cooking. Mine is the one with the fresh, sliced tomatoes; while the Husband has the sauce and melted cheese. I stuffed them with some veggies, brown rice and sausage. Pretty good, but I am going to keep experimenting with it. Maybe chicken next time. All in all, I was very pleased with it and it was a great way to get in a full day's serving of vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment