Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do you ever feel like the universe is conspiring against you? I have had such a long week. The Husband is still in NY. He was supposed to be flying back this afternoon, getting in to the Milwaukee airport around 1:00 and driving home in time for dinner. I got a message from him that Midwest cancelled his original flight out of NY and put him on another flight that leaves at 2:00! This means that he most certainly will NOT be home in time for dinner. He won't make it to Bible study. He won't be able to pick up the Son from day care and go with us to Awana. He may not even make it home in time to put the Son to bed. How am I going to explain it to the Son? He was so excited when I told him that daddy was coming home from NY today.

And I was all set to go for a nice run after work this afternoon. I set out some warm running clothes before I went to bed last night. I finally bought some running leggings that I can wear under a pair of shorts. So, I set those out with my grey shorts and a long sleeve shirt to wear under a t-shirt. I laid out my sports bra and socks and I even updated my ipod this morning. I was going to come home and change clothes and get outside for about 4 miles. I have been mentally mapping my route in my head since yesterday. I even planned for a little bit of a hill. I was going to run past the cemetary, since it is really the only hill in town. This was going to be my chance to get outside and see if I could handle the cooler weather. BUT....it has been raining since last night. And, not just sprinkles, either. It has been coming down pretty good. I don't want to sound like a fairweather runner, but I also don't want to put myself in a position to get sick or injured. I'll give my treadmill a go, but I'm really bummed that I can't get outside. I know that I will run further outside. It is always a challenge to get 2 miles in on the treadmill. I just get bored too easily.

I guess the good news of the week, is that I don't have to work on Thursday or Friday. I am going to plan for some outdoor runs on those days. And, I got a good chunk of homework done yesterday, so I feel pretty good about my progress for the week. I'll do some more today and hopefully I won't be too stressed out about what I still need to get done as the week progresses.

Breathe......relax.....

No comments:

Post a Comment