Sunday, October 11, 2009

Priorities

Things can get so crazy and hectic that I find myself without the time to even make a to-do list, much less accomplish anything that would be written on it! The last couple weeks I have been doing a lot of thinking about the future. This really isn't anything new, I tend to be a planner. I like to have a goal in mind and then systematically work toward completing it.

And, I am nearing the completion of one of my goals. I have a mere three weeks of school left. Granted, it is going to be three jam-packed, stressful, exhausting weeks. But after those three weeks, I won't have to do school work every waking minute. I will have to go to my externship; and that is another stress-inducing thought. But, as I get closer to realizing this goal, and putting a chapter of my life behind me, I am searching for new goals.

I don't even know why I'm doing this. I should be looking forward to resting and having some expendable time to enjoy my family. I don't say this because I think that I am a harder worker, or more driven than other people. On the contrary. I think I'm pretty messed up. My body needs to rest. I need to have some down time, but I can't seem to function without being constantly working toward a goal....or six..

So, I'm planning when I'll be able to compete my first 10K and my first half-marathon. I'm planning when I'll get my first job as an MA and what classes I can take in the summer. I have a list of books I want to read and projects I want to complete. Then there are the vacations that need to be saved for and the home improvement plans that need to be sketched out.

Someone really needs to tell me to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment