Sunday, January 24, 2010

Post vacation

My mini-vacation was a nice break from the day to day grind.  It was wonderful to stay at my aunt, Sharons.  She is a great cook.  We had salmon and tilapia for dinner with a quinoa salad and steamed broccoli for dinner.  And carrot cake for dessert.  For breakfast pre-race, she made yummy baked oatmeal with a fruit compote.  I would go to her house more often just to have her cook for me.

We also watched the Hope for Haiti Now telethon.  There were a lot of very touching stories and some that just broke my heart.  It is hard not to get wrapped up in the emotion of the stories...especially the one about the kids.  I just wish I could go down there and help.  Maybe in the future.  They are going to need help for a long time.

Race recap will be coming later.  Now, I gotta get ready for church.  Yea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment