Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time off

Today is day 2 of a three day stretch of not running.  I don't like taking this much time off between runs, especially when I need to bank up some miles if I have any hope of running a half marathon (or two).  I have also realized that I have a race in a week!  It seems like it has been forever since my Jingle Bell Run on December 12th.  I am really looking forward to this race.  It is in Madison, so I will get to stay at my aunt's house.  I'm hoping that she will make me the delicious oatmeal she made the last time I stayed there before a race.  She actually cooked it on the stove!!  And it was fantastic!!

I don't really have any time goals for this race because I don't know what the weather will do.  If it is a nice day without too much wind, I'd like to shoot for a sub-30 minute time.  But, if the weather is less than stellar, I'll just run my best race and be satisfied with that.  Then I'll start focusing on the Seroogy's race in February and increasing my weekly mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment