Friday, January 22, 2010

Vacation

I am really looking forward to leaving this afternoon and heading to Madison.  I have a race there tomorrow; my first of the year!  I am thinking of this trip as a little mini-vacation.  I'll be leaving when Tim gets home from work and should get to my aunt's house around dinner time.  She is a great cook and I'm looking forward to whatever she makes.  Last time I was down there for a race, she made a delicious chicken and broccoli pasta.

But the best part will be breakfast.  The last time I went down there, she asked what I usually ate for breakfast.  I told her that a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee would be fine.  I'm pretty good at heating up water and stirring in a packet of oatmeal.  Instead, I came out of the shower to find her standing at the stove, cooking oatmeal!  And she had all sorts of fresh fruit that I could mix into to it.  It was easily the best oatmeal I have ever had.  I am secretly hoping that she will make it for me again.

Then, of course, there is the actual race.  The weather for tomorrow is really crappy.  It is supposed to be a mix of snow and rain.  I will probably get wet and be really cold.  I'm not sure if I'm going to go back to my aunt's house after the race to take a shower, or if I will  just head home.  I don't really want to drive home wet and cold.  And, I'd like to stop at Kohl's and exchange the shirt that Tim got for Christmas that is a size too small.  I guess I'll just play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment