Friday, February 19, 2010

Book Review

I was given the book Dewey by my wonderful sister-in-law.  It is an endearing story of a small town library and the cat they adopted after it was dropped in the book return.  I loved the episodic writing.  It was easy to pick up, read a few chapters, and set it down; without worrying about forgetting where I left off.

The stories were adorable and I loved hearing about so many people in this small town were touched by a cat.  Of course, I'm a cat person, so I can completely understand how this could happen.  The author was the librarian and she interwove just enough of her personal story to make the book more that just a 'cat story.'

This was a great light read and a great break for me after my last heavy story.  I think it would be enjoyable even if you don't really care much for cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment