Sunday, February 21, 2010

Business meeting

Tonight was the annual business meeting at church.  I had a feeling that this was going to be a big deal, so Tim and I brought Jaden along (child care was provided) and we sat in on the meeting.  The beginning was pretty uneventful...reading of last year's minutes, approval of the budget, etc.  Then, pastor Gayland stood up to read his yearly report.  This was the moment we had been wondering about.  Gayland confirmed our suspicions and told us that he would be stepping down to take a full time position with the district.  He had been working with the district for about a year now, and it has been clear that his time was divided.  He has such a heart for missions and that is the position where he feels God leading him.  I am glad that I had an inclination this was coming because I think there were a lot of people who were quite surprised at his announcement.  There are bound to be some more changes in the coming months and I wonder how the congregation will take it.


Before the business meeting, I attended the Fellowship Operating Board meeting.  I knew that taking over the operations of the cafe was going to be a big job, but I think I must have had my rose-colored glasses on, because I don't think that I anticipated the amount of work that would come just from being on the Fellowship Operating Board.  I am going to be a busy lady!  But it will be a lot of fun and I should get to meet some more of the people in the church.  I can't believe that we have been going to this church for a year and a half, and I still can't name most of the people there.

I'm going to get ready for bed now.  tomorrow I have to take Jaden to the dentist and get in a 5 mile run.  I think Tim is planning to go to the gym, so that will be another thing to look forward to.  I went today and I think he is a little disappointed in himself for not joining me there.  Oh, well.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment