Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy early Valentine's day

Tim and I are going to celebrate how much we love each other today.  Basically, we have a ton of stuff going on tomorrow, and we had a sitter lined up for tonight.  When Tim gets off work, I am going to run Jaden over to my mom's and then Tim and I are going to go to Eau Claire to do a little shopping and then grab some Olive Garden dinner.  I am really hoping to find a couple new sports bras.  I have been experiencing some not-so-pleasant chaffing during my last few runs. 

This morning, I pounded out an energizing 6.5 miles on my treadmill.  I had the Today Show keeping me company and I had to watch in horror as they showed the fatal luge crash of the Republic of Georgia athlete that happened during a training run.  It was very hard to watch (as they warned me it would be), but it was even sadder because he was so young.  Only 21 years old and living his Olympic dream. 

It really got me thinking....there are so many things I want to do personally, professionally, athletically.  I don't want anything to get in my way.  If I want to run a marathon 16 weeks after my half marathon, then I am going to go for it!  You never know what is going to happen in life and I certainly don't want to sit on the sidelines and watch other people.  Of course, there are going to be risks; as there are in every area of your life.  I think I was listening to Matt Chandler of The Village Church in Dallas, TX and he said something that really stuck with me.  He has a brain tumor that is very serious and he and his wife were asking his doctors what the prognosis was.  The doctors gave him some time frames, and then said "or you could get hit by a bus on your way home tonight."  It is morbid, but very true.  You can decide to take the risks and live a very full life, or you can sit back and try to stay 'safe.'  Either way, you could get hit by a bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment