Saturday, March 27, 2010

Alumni Basketball















Today was the first day of the be-annual Colby Boys Alumni basketball tournament.  Strangely, this was the first time I have ever attended.  I took Jaden with me this morning to watch my beloved class of 1996.  They got beat pretty handily by the combined team from 88/89.  It wasn't even close.















Jaden had fun hanging out with Savana.  After watching my team lose, I watched some of my cousin's games. 

















Dan graduated in 1997.  I loved seeing his new wife, Maggy.  She is so much fun.
















I watched my cousin, Nate (1993) take on my team and they beat us pretty well.  We held tight for a while, but we just couldn't pull out a win.















My cousin Jason (1998) won their first game, but then got upset by the 11 seed.

I didn't go to the consolation games tonight, but I'll go back tomorrow after church to watch some more games.  It was a lot of fun to see people I haven't seen in forever.  And to see some of my friends' parents and catch up on what everyone has been doing the past 14 years.  I can't believe it has been that long.   Is is wrong that I had to check the program frequently because I didn't recognize a lot of the guys?!? 

Basically, watching all that basketball has made me want to lace up my shoes and play again.  I have no ambitions of grandeur, but it would be so much fun to pound around under the hoop.   I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment