Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eight Miles

Isn't that the title of a movie?  Anyway, it was what I ran this morning....outside!  It was cold.  I was glad for my new windbreaker jacket because there was a touch of a cold wind this morning.  This was also my first run with my new best friend, my lovely Garmin.  It was great to be able to keep an eye on my pace and my distance.  I had anticipated doing an out and back route, so when I got to 4 miles, I just headed for home.  I actually stopped at the post office in Abbotsford to get a drink of water from Tim's cooler in his jeep.  I sent him a text to let him know, but apparently, he didn't get it until after he thought he was going crazy.  :-)

There was a pretty crazy hill that took me up and over Hwy 29.  When you are driving up the overpasses, they don't seem to be such a steep incline.  Running it is another story!  Wow!  It was tough, especially on the way back.

I am still trying to figure out how to make my Garmin do what I want it to do.  So, I don't have mile splits for my run.  But, I do have these stats:

Distance: 8.00 miles
Best pace: 7:39/mile
Average pace: 10:09/mile
Total time: 1.21:09

I'm pretty happy with that, especially the average pace.  I'm also pretty excited that they only time I stopped running was getting a swig of water at Tim's jeep, otherwise there wasn't even a walking break.  Woo Hoo!

I got home and iced my knees while reading my homework for tonight.  Then I made myself a huge bowl of oatmeal: apple/cinnamon oats, 1/3 cup pumpkin, a sliced banana and 2 scoops of peanut butter.  Yum!  I have a feeling there will be more food in my near future.  :-)  Eight miles makes me hungry.

I have to finish my homework for tonight and study for the test.  And hopefully do some research on how to get mile splits on my Garmin.  Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment