Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Graveyard

During my 8 mile run yesterday, I noticed a very interesting piece of roadkill in the ditch.  I didn't have my camera with me and I was trying to run the entire distance without stopping, so I just made a mental note to come back later.  Well, on the way to the vet this morning, I pulled up with my camera to snap a few pictures. 
























































So, maybe I'm just really morbid, but I thought this was really cool.  I also think it is a little strange that there are no legs or skull, just the ribs and vertebrae.  I'm going out on limb here (not really) and guessing that it was probably a deer that was hit by a car in the fall.  Anyway, I'm sure everyone thinks I'm crazy. 

I guess that is all for now.  I need to shower (decided to wait until after the vet--the last time Penny peed on me), then I have a chiropractor appointment and I have to stop at the clinic to get my TB skin test read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment