Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm Back!

I guess I've been so busy the last few days that I haven't had time to leave you all an update.  Well....wait no more!

The last few days have been a blur.  Yesterday I left the house by 7am and didn't get home until around 10pm.  I am learning a lot more working in Occupational Health and I think it is going to be an interesting couple of months.
 
I also had my EMT class last night and I was dragging tired by the time I got there.  (I had run to walmart to buy some groceries and a new windshield wiper blade after work.)  Class went well.  I was glad to have the opportunity to practice the respiratory emergencies for the Registry exam coming up.  I had been very unsure of myself in that area and the practice definitely helped to ease my anxieties.
 
Tonight i have a 5 mile run scheduled after dinner.  I was really hoping to be able to run it outside, but the sun hasn't come out since Monday and the fog, rain and cold will keep me on my treadmill.  I hope to be able to pound out the 5 miles pretty quickly.  Yesterday was a rest day and I feel pretty good today, so I might try to push myself a little bit.
 
Tomorrow I have a baby shower at church and I have to make an egg bake.  I haven't made one in a really long time and I hope it turns out ok.  I'm not really using a recipe, I'm just going to saute some peppers and onions, add some tomatoes and cheese and mix it with the eggs.  I'm crossing my fingers!  And I have to get the gift ready.  The shower is for the wife of our youth pastor.  It is strange that the music pastor's wife had a baby in September, the Children's pastor's wife had a baby in November and now Andrea is due in April.  I need to be careful around them....they are a fertile bunch!
 
After dinner tonight, I went downstairs for a quick 5 mile run.  It felt great.  I know that my body needs rest days, but I actually loathe them.  And, my knees aren't sore after tonight's run, so that is even better news.
 
I am looking forward to a good weekend.  I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment