Monday, March 1, 2010

Bad run

There will be bad training runs; and it is okay.  That is my mantra today.  I only had a 3 mile run scheduled this morning.  I wanted to run it at about a 9:40 pace.  That is just slightly above my 5K pace.  I had been experiencing a bit of intestinal distress this morning, but I thought I would be fine for the run.  I was certainly glad that I was on the treadmill, rather than out on the road.  I think I had to stop 3 times in the first mile.  So glad there is a bathroom in my basement.  This is probably WAY more information than you ever wanted to know.  Anyway, the last two miles went much better and I was able to easily maintain my pace.  I just wish I could have done the whole thing without stopping.

On another note, I might be working as early as Thursday!!  I'm still waiting for the temp agency to verify all my references and for the background check and drug screening results to come it.  I'm still trying to figure out how I can adapt my training schedule to fit all my mileage in.  I know that people do it all the time, but I know that Tim isn't going to like it and I would really be much happier if he could support me in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment