Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here comes the sun

I couldn't possibly be happier with Saturday's forecast!
 

71° | 46°
M/Sunny
 
Saturday is my 14 miler.  It is my last long run before the half marathon on the 30th.  As of today, the half marathon is 90% full!!  I am so freakin' excited I end up with this goofy grin on my face every time I think about it.
 
 
This week's weather has been just plain nasty, and I think it has taken a toll on everyone.  I've been a little down and cranky.  People at work have been short with each other.  Even the lady at the gas station was mean.  We all need some sunshine to brighten our spirits.  (And a nice long run won't hurt either!)
 
 When the weather gets cold and rainy for several days, I start craving comfort.  Comfort foods, comfortable clothes, comfortable activities.  I just want to curl up on the couch in my pajamas with a good book and cappuccino.  I guess, since I'm at work, I'll have to settle for just the cappuccino.  I think the cafeteria has English Toffee.  Yum.
 
What do you do when the weather gets crappy?  How do you stay motivated to work out?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when the weather is crappy - I find it much harder to work-out when it's rainy and gross outside!

    But, I have to just close the blinds and forget about the weather and then head to the gym later in the day!

    ReplyDelete