Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tapering stinks















You know you want some.  Green monsters rock!  There is really no other way to describe it.  This one was pretty basic.  Half a banana, handful of strawberries, tons of spinach and some milk.  I forgot to put ice cubes in it.  :-(  I just think that smoothies should be REALLY cold.

I finally got back on the treadmill this morning, even though I had no motivation at all.  I did 4 miles at a very leisurely pace.  And it felt great to get back to running.  I read an article on the 'taper blues' the other day and I thought the beginning of it very accurately described what I'm going through right now.

I am definitely feeling more tired during this taper than I was when I was putting in 30 miles a week; and the runs I am doing aren't at the same intensity that I had been doing.  I am trying really hard to trust my training plan, but I have a history of questioning it.

Tomorrow is another scheduled day off, although I am thinking that I might do some weight lifting.  Nothing too strenuous, but I want to keep moving.

How do you deal with a taper?  Any suggestions to help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment