Friday, May 7, 2010

Things are better today

So, yesterday was a pretty bad day (part 1, part 2).  However, it did get better!  Just as I was about to leave for class, I got a phone call from Marshfield Clinic Human Resources.  I have another job interview today!!  I am praying that this is a good one; that this is the job that God has for me.  After hearing rejection after rejection, my confidence is pretty low.  Intellectually, I know that God has the perfect job waiting for me in His timing, but I have never been good at waiting.

Last night was my written final for my EMT class.  I was very nervous and didn't feel at all prepared.  I have been so preoccupied with everything else that has been going on in my life, that I haven't studied the way that I should.  The test took me a little over an hour and I turned it in, not feeling very confident.  There were so many questions that had multiple 'good' answers and it was a challenge to determine which answer was the 'most' correct.  I had to wait until everyone was finished taking the test (3 hours total) until we could correct them.  I ended up getting a 90.6%!  I am pretty excited about that.  However, as a class we have 3 questions that we need to discuss with the lead instructor.  I am hoping for an additional 2 points which would give me a score of 92%.  I would be ecstatic with that!

There is still a lot of work to do in class.  I have to prepare for the National Registry practical exam on May 29th (the day before my half marathon).  There are six different skill stations that I have to pass in order to be able to take the written exam (computer based, of course).  I'm still not sure on the date of the written exam.  I guess I should probably look into that. 

Well, I'm off to prepare for my interview.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your interview and congrats. I have always realized that everything happens for a reason, and it usually is never revealed to you until much later. For whatever reason those other jobs were not the right fit for you. Good luck to you. And good job on your test!

    ReplyDelete