Friday, May 7, 2010

"I guess today it's going to be winter"

That is what Jaden said to me in the car.  It is snowing today!  Yes.  In May.  I believe this is why I left Wisconsin in the first place.  Now, if someone could just remind me why I ever came back.....

On another note, I want to thank you all for your advice regarding the pain in my right foot.  I am still experiencing the pain, especially in the mornings, but I have found that stretching and massaging helps to warm up the muscle before I get out of bed.  I've also looked into some products designed to help, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on them just yet.  I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and see if I can keep the pain from getting any worse.

Does anyone else think that this was the l o n g e s t week ever?  I swear, it feels like my 20K was a month ago, and it has only been a week.  Of course, my legs are still recovering.  after Tuesday's exhausting 8 mile run, I decided to take things a little easier the rest of the week.  I took Wednesday off and shortened my planned runs for yesterday and today.  I had 6 miles scheduled for each day, but did 5.5 yesterday and 4.5 today.  So, 10 miles instead of 12.  Not a huge deal, but I still have to tell myself that it is okay to take it a little easier when that is what my body needs.  I'm planning a 13 miler tomorrow morning and I'm really hoping that the weather cooperates.  No snow would be a good start.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure that is going to happen.












My plan is to run from my house to the starting line of the Colby Cheese Days Chariots of Cheese race.  It is about .75 miles from my front door.  I am then going to run the 10K race course twice.  That way, I am close enough to my house to stop for more water or to use the bathroom.  I'll also get a bit of a hill workout in by running past the cemetery (twice).  I'm going to take it easy and just plan of the run taking me about 2.5 hours; especially if I have to stop for water.

Alright....time to get away from the computer and put some make up on for my job interview.  I'm nervous.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment