Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fourteen miles

For updates on my previous long runs, check these out:
10 miles
11 miles
12 miles
13 miles

Today's schedule called for 14 miles, a new personal distance record!  I was really looking forward to this run because I wanted to prove to myself that I could handle the half marathon distance, and then some! 

Unfortunately, the first 6 miles felt tortuous.  I don't know what was going on.  I was tired, I felt like I was dragging, and I just didn't feel comfortable in the run.  I'm not sure what happened after that, but I started feeling better and had a little more energy for the rest of the run.

Here are the stats:
Mile 1: 10:22
Mile 2:  10:34
Mile 3:  10:40
Mile 4:  10:17
Mile 5:  10:03
Mile 6:  10:18
Mile 7:  10:31
Mile 8:  9:50
Mile 9:  9:55
Mile 10:  10:15
Mile 11:  10:24
Mile 12:  10:29
Mile 13:  9:51
Mile 14:  9:56

Total time: 2:23:23 Average pace: 10:14
















I'm a little bummed that I only an 4 miles under 10 minutes, but I'm going to try to be encouraged that all of them were in the second half of my run.

I took some fuel around mile 8:















This is a new brand and flavor.  I think it was vanilla strawberry.  Not too bad.  I would try it again.

I wore my hydration belt with twenty ounces of water, but I also stashed two 20 oz bottles of water along my course.  And I came home with no water left.  I think I definitely need to get a four bottle hydration belt.  If anyone wants to sponsor me, I'm currently coveting the Nathan Speed 4R. 

I am so glad that my mom is willing to take Jaden for the morning so that I can go on my long runs.  He has so much fun over there.  Today, grandma gave him some 'jobs' to do and she even paid him for them when he finished.  He was very excited to get his own money for helping grandma.  he came home and immediately put it in his piggy bank.  I'm really lucky that she is willing to take him and that he loves going over there.  There is no way I'd be able to do my long runs without having someone to watch him.

Well, I am going to spend the rest of my day recovering and doing some house work.  I already have a load of laundry in the washer.  Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment