Monday, May 10, 2010

Non-extreme home makeover

Today was the day that my old pool table got a face lift.  The pool table has been in the basement of this house for as long as I can remember.  Some of you many know that this house used to be my Grandparent's house, so it was basically my second home while I was growing up.  I remember playing many games of tag in the basement where the pool table would be 'safe.'  Well, my decided to pay for it to get refinished as an anniversary present. 

Here is the before:















The two guys from The Pool People came over about 10:45 this morning and got to work.  Here is what Penny did while they were here:















Jedi was a little more uptight and felt that he had to keep an eye on things.














About 2 hours later, the pool table was refinished, the pads were reattached (apparently, 15 years of kids climbing and sitting on the pool table isn't good for the pads), and the existing ball return system was taken out.










































That is the remains of the ball return system.  Once the guys get back to the store, they are going to send me some mesh pockets to attach to each of the six holes.  They should be here in a couple days.  I really like the way the blue fabric looks.  Naturally, Tim picked the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment