Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Renewal

I have grown SO tired of finding new grey hairs.  It seems that every day I have new ones sprouting up.  So, I was thrilled to read this verse the other day:
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16
I am going to try to remember this verse the next time I see a nw grey hair.  It is just the outward appearance.  What I really want is for my inner most self to be a mirror, reflecting God's love.  As I age, any outward beauty wastes away.  But it is my inward beauty that becomes more important than the proper shade of concealer or hair dye.  With all I do to try to hold the hands of time at bay: exercise, make-up, clothes, hairstyles; am I spending at least as much time preparing my inward countenance?
What about you?  How much time do you spend on your inward appearance?

No comments:

Post a Comment