Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Alone

Today is my first day at work as the only MA.  The girl I'm filling in for had her baby on Friday...a really adorable little girl.  She will be out for the next 6 weeks.  Which means that my countdown back to unemployment has officially begun.  :-(  The other MA is with her provider in Wisconsin Rapids today, so I am manning the desk by myself.  My provider has a pretty easy schedule today, so I'm not at all concerned about how the day will go.  It is just a little strange not having anyone else to talk to. 
 
 
I'm going to try to study my Registry sheets for my EMT class today.  Last week was a bit of a wake-up call.  I realized that I don't comfortably know my way around a patient assessment or a trauma assessment.  Actually, I'm only really comfortable with two of the six Registry stations, so I have a lot of work to do in the next 5 weeks.
 
 
I'm also searching for some easy, yet impressive, recipes for the upcoming bake sale at church.  I'm in the process of garnering some volunteers and I'm really hoping that this event will be a wonderful success.  What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than with a really yummy dessert that you didn't have to make?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment