Friday, April 9, 2010

Colby EMS

This morning I was off to meet the Fire Chief at the station to pick up my radio and pager so that I can start doing my ride-alongs with the Colby Ambulance Service.  I was scheduled to meet up with him at 9:00, but when I got there, I saw three cars in the parking lot, an empty station, and a missing ambulance.  I quickly deduced that they were out on a call (genius, I know).  Jaden and I hung out for about 20 minutes to see if they would come back.  No such luck.  As we were heading back home, I saw the ambulance in the corner of my rear view mirror, returning to the station.  We turned around and went back.  Jaden loved seeing the inside of the ambulance.

I was able to pick up my equipment and learn a little bit about how everything works.  Now, all I have to do is leave the radio and pager on and wait for a call that I can go to.  I think the hardest part is going to be making sure that I have child care arranged.  I can't very well leave Jaden at home while I go try to save a life.   :-)

I have been on an oatmeal kick lately.  I made it the last two mornings for breakfast and I decided that I wanted some for lunch today.  Into the mix went:
1 cup water
1/2 cup oats
small banana
two spoonfuls of flax
handful of frozen berries
















and a spoonful of this really yummy peanut butter that I get from the Mennonite store.














It is the same peanut butter that I use to make my homemade peanut butter ice cream

All together now....

















So good!

For accountability, I had a couple mini peanut butter cups as a snack before lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment