Monday, April 19, 2010

I didn't pay attention

This morning's 8 mile run got away from me a little.  When I run on the treadmill, I have to cover the digital display.  If I didn't I would constantly be watching it and I would despair over how slowly I was running or how the distance just isn't going by as quickly as I would like it to.  Today, I was just chugging along at a pretty easy pace and watching some DVR'd shows.  I thought I had gone about 7 miles so I decided to take a look at the display to see exactly how much further I had to go.  Imagine my surprise when I saw that I had already covered 8.6 miles!  I finished out the quarter mile and was really pleased at how easy 8.75 miles felt to my legs.  Granted, the treadmill workout today didn't include any hills or head winds, but I'll take it!

I hope you are have a great Monday!!d

No comments:

Post a Comment