Friday, April 9, 2010

Play time

I am really starting to like lifting weights.  Well, I guess I have always liked it, but now that I am seeing some results, it is even more enjoyable.  :-)  I met Tim at the gym for a quick workout today.  Since we didn't have a sitter, Jaden had to tag along.  He is NOT a good workout buddy.  He can't sit still, he runs around talking too loudly, he gets in people's way and he just doesn't listen.  It makes for a less-than-enjoyable workout.  But, I managed to lift some weights.  I took it easy because of tomorrow's race.  I didn't want to over-do it and be too tired to run 6 miles.  Tim did another treadmill workout per the C25K program.  He did great!  He even said that I had wanted to keep going for longer than the 20 minutes, but he stopped because he was having shoe problems.  I guess it is time to get him some proper running shoes.  Yay!

Dinner was an adapted corn casserole recipe.  I usually make it with a can of creamed corn and a can of regular corn.  However, we were out of regular corn, so I added a can of garbanzo beans.  I typically cube some tofu and add it in with some broccoli.  But, I was too lazy to press and cube the tofu, so I added shredded chicken with the broccoli.  I also threw in a little bit of left over red onion and shredded zucchini.  I realized that I didn't have enough sour cream, so I added a little bit of cream cheese to make up the difference.  I just for fun, I threw in a can of diced green chilies.  Now that I am writing this, I realize that my finished product barely resembled the original at all.

Along with our remade corn casserole, we had a spinach salad.  We almost always have a spinach salad with dinner.  Tim has his with croutons and I have mine with tomatoes.  It is a sure fire way to get some veggies.  I was still munchy after dinner so I had 2 Hershey's kisses and a small handful of dried pineapple.

Tim went down to see Clash of the Titans tonight with some guys from church.  That left Jaden and I here for the night.  Jaden was fighting me at bedtime.  I knew he was tired, because he started rubbing his eyes during dinner.  after dinner, while we were playing in the front room, he asked a couple times when it was going to be his bedtime.  He brushed his teeth without incident and I read him the two books he picked out (both were Christmas books....weird).  But after I turned the lights out and was lying with him in bed, he turned into this obnoxious kid.  He started kicking the covers off and trying to climb under me.  He through his pillow on the floor and started kicking the walls.  It wasn't pretty.  I usually try to avoid spanking him.  I much prefer sending him to time-out.  But this behavior was warranting a good swat on the bottom.  And that is what he got.  As well as a few loud and direct words from me.  I always feel guilty after the fact, but he has to know that he can't act like that.  Some things are just not tolerated.  Right?  I could really use some reassurance here.

Anyway, the three of us were playing with Jaden's toys earlier tonight.  Here is what we came up with....

















Some of you have been wondering how Nola is doing after her surgery.  She was resting for most of the day today, but she has started to be a little more active this evening.  I'm sure she will be back to her old self in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment