Sunday, April 11, 2010

Listening to my body

I have to rearrange some of my workouts this week because of my work schedule and child care arrangements and other commitments.  So, I decided that I would do tomorrow's 4 mile run today after church.  I guess my body decided that it wasn't rested from yesterday's race and it decided to let me know....in no uncertain terms!  I got on the treadmill fully intending on a really easy 4 miles.  I ended up doing 2.5 because my legs were weak and I could feel that I just wasn't going to be able to finish.  So, I listened to my body.  I'm not really good at that, so I am considering this a victory.  Even though I didn't get my complete workout in, I am glad that I did something.

1 comment:

  1. There's truly no point in pushing it, and I'm glad you see that! :) You rock my socks...

    PS: I thought of you when I saw this this morning- http://thingsweforget.blogspot.com/2010/04/435.html

    ReplyDelete