Saturday, April 3, 2010

My husband has the camera!

So I can't upload any pictures.  :-(

But, I can say that today was a wonderful Easter celebration.  My cousin, Sharon and her husband Jimmy came up from Illinois.  I had never met Jimmy, and I have to say that I really like him.  He is a lot of fun, and he likes fantasy football.  He is also a Star Wars fan, so Tim likes him too.  Sharon and I were trying to figure out when we last saw each other.  we figured that it has been at least a decade.  Crazy!  We talked a lot about running and I was able to get her thoughts on training for big races.  She is a little bummed to be missing the racing season this year because she is pregnant.

My cousin Kevin and his wife Rachel came along with their two kids Makenna and Cade.  Jaden and Makenna had a ton of fun playing and chasing each other.  Until Jaden stole Makenna's pretend gum.  That was tragic.

Jason and Anne and Brady came too.  Brady definitely held his own with the bigger kids.  I wasn't sure how he would hold up, but he is a pretty tough guy.  :-)

The kids found all the eggs that I 'hid' outside.  Since Jaden is the oldest and he is only 4, the eggs were hidden in plain sight.  Makenna is quite the egg-finder!

My dad came over later in the afternoon and after everyone else left, he helped me get the ping pong table set up on top of the pool table in the basement.  Then we played ping pong for about an hour.  It was so much fun.  Jaden tried to play too, but the best part was when he held the paddle in front of his face and grandpa hit the ball right onto the paddle.  It had all of us laughing so hard.

I knew it was going to be a busy day, so I got my workout in this morning.  I did 5.5 miles.  I started at a really easy pace for the first 3 miles and then picked it up for the last mile and a half.  I love working up a good sweat right away in the morning.  It makes the whole day better.

Tim is down at church helping with some final setting up for the service tomorrow.  I am having a huge salad full of all the lunch leftovers and I am going to catch up with my DVR.  It has been too long.

Happy Easter!  He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment