Thursday, April 8, 2010

Slow Down!

Today I got a speeding ticket.  Boo!  :-(

I was taking Nola to the Clark County Humane Society in Neillsville to be spayed.  I had just turned and was accelerating again and I guess I wasn't paying much attention.  Suddenly I look at my speedometer and notice that I am going way too fast.  Simultaneously, I see flashing lights in my rear view mirror.  The cop was very nice and I explained to him that it was just an oversight on my part.  However, since I was going 10-over, he had to issue the ticket.  I can't fault him, I was driving too fast.  I'm just really bummed that I have to fork over the money for the ticket and deal with the points on my license.  I'm sure our insurance will also go up.  I wonder if you can do traffic school in WI.  I did that once in Arizona (or twice) to avoid the points on my license and the increased insurance cost.  I will have to look into it.  If anyone knows, please let me know.

After dropping the cat off for her little surgery, I made my way to Marshfield for a job interview at the clinic.  Since most of you know that my current position in Occupational Health is only temporary due to a maternity leave, I am still looking for a permanent position.  I can't say that the interview was one of the best I've ever had, nor was it the worst.  I am hoping to hear something by the end of next week.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.  It would be nice to have a permanent position lined up once this temp job is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment