Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Goals and an adjustment

I seriously have the best chiropractor in the world.  I really wish she had a website so I could link it up.  I really feel that she has listened to me and considered all that my running does to my body.  After the training that I have put in lately, and the race last weekend, I was in desperate need of an adjustment.  And boy did she deliver.  I think I walked out of there two inches taller!

She spend some good time on my knees.  My right knee has been giving me some occasional problems and we also noticed that I only have blisters on my right foot.  Then I brought up that my right arch bothers me in the morning when I first get out of bed.  She said the two words that every runner dreads....plantar fasciitis.  Naturally, I freaked out.  She calmed me down (I told you she was amazing) and said that I should be able to treat this with stretching and that I shouldn't even worry about it.  Whew!

Back up to this morning.  I got in my 7 miles and felt really good about it.  Then I talked to my cousin about his new baby.  Welcome to the world Tyler Matthew!!  I can't wait to meet you.  Anyway, jason and I discussed my Crazy Legs race and my upcoming 20K this weekend.  We talked about goals that we each have....I want to run 33 races before my 33rd birthday.  He wants to do 20 half or full marathons before he turns 40.  I like his goal.  I might take it on as my own.  However, he has a considerable head start.  First, he has already done at least one half marathon.  And, he is two years younger than I am.  Maybe doing three halves and a full isn't such a bad idea this year.  We'll see.  I'm going to be looking for your help to decide what I should do on August 21st.  Expect a post about it soon.

What are your goals?  Long-term?  Short-term?

I remember when my goal was to run a 5K.  Now look where I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment